You Never Have Enough
post date: January 9, 2014
He wasn’t asking for information but to press home an important point. “You say you don’t have anything, but are you sure about that? Take a look around and survey your resources. What do you have to work with?”
Turns out they have five loaves and two fish.
Not enough to feed 5000 men. Not even close.
Let’s be clear.
Jesus didn’t need their fish and bread to work a miracle.
He’s God incarnate. He can work with or without what they have.
In this case he won’t work the miracle until they give him what they have, pitiful as it seemed in that moment.
The old gospel song says, «Little is much when God is in it.”
Take the little you have and give it to Jesus.
Then step back and watch him work.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Start And End With God – January 17, 2014
- 20 Sermons for Sanctity of Human Life Sunday – January 15, 2014
- Plan B Living – January 14, 2014
- We Are Not Miracle Workers – January 12, 2014
- Obedience Comes First – January 11, 2014
- Give What You’ve Got – January 10, 2014
- My Favorite Books on Preaching – January 9, 2014
- That’s Impossible! – January 8, 2014
- Where Miracles Begin – January 7, 2014
- Lunch with a Friend – January 6, 2014