Why I Teach at the BI
post date: November 18, 2011
Someday soon they will be pastors and missionaries.
Someday soon they will be youth pastors.
Someday soon they will be leading churches around the world.
Who wouldn’t want a chance to influence young people like that?
Right now I spend four weeks a year teaching at various Word of Life Bible Institutes:
I teach Galatians in New York.
I teach James and Daniel in Florida.
I teach 1 Peter in South Korea.
I’m happy to do it because this is my investment in the next generation. After the final class, one of the students gave me a handwritten note:
Dear Mr. Pritchard,
Just wanted to write you a note and tell you I much I appreciate you. I am so thankful for you taking your time away from your home and family to come and share with us. You are so loved here, and respected. Thank you for sharing your energy and wisdom and sharing your heart with us. You have had a tremendous impact on my BI year and my life. I pray that you have a safe trip and that God blesses you for coming here and pouring into a bunch of kids. I hope you know you are loved.
Who wouldn’t want to teach when you get a response like that? And these “kids” will soon be Christian leaders in their own right.
The future belongs to the young. The book of Daniel tells us how a young man made a difference for God in a pagan land. I truly believe I taught a room full of Daniels this week, which is why I came and why I will keep coming as long as they will have me.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Anchor at a Strip Club – November 27, 2011
- Homer Simpson’s Thanksgiving Wisdom – November 23, 2011
- Five Reasons to Preach the Whole Book of Daniel – November 18, 2011
- Anchor in Nigeria – November 10, 2011
- 25 Sermons for Thanksgiving – November 5, 2011
- The Future of the Chinese Church – November 4, 2011
- Flash Drives for Chinese Pastors – November 3, 2011
- Church of KFC – November 2, 2011
- Two Days With the Pastors in Dalian – November 1, 2011
- Student Night in Dalian – October 30, 2011