Gog and Magog
post date: March 14, 2011
Among premillennial interpreters there is a healthy debate about when the battle of Gog and Magog will take place. I see four possibilities:
A. Sometime before the Rapture.
B. Early in the Tribulation.
C. Near the midpoint of the Tribulation.
D. Just before the Battle of Armageddon.
I don’t think the Bible gives us enough information to be dogmatic. In a recent article on this very topic, John Whitcomb argues for C. Near the midpoint of the Tribulation. His argument seems cogent to me.
I think the mention of Gog and Magog in Revelation 20:8 refers to a completely different worldwide rebellion at the end of the millennium.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Anchor # 8 on Moody’s All-Time Bestseller List – March 18, 2011
- Great Sermons are a Bother – March 6, 2011
- Report from Rochester – March 5, 2011
- KBM Releases First Ebook – March 5, 2011
- When You Don’t Know What to Preach – March 4, 2011
- On the Road to Rochester – March 3, 2011
- Two Terrific Bible Apps – March 2, 2011
- If We Say – February 25, 2011
- “Where Do You Get Your Support?” – February 24, 2011
- Anchor in Afghanistan – February 23, 2011