Men and Women in Biblical Perspective
post date: May 4, 2009
Michelle, the first part of your question would take too long to answer because I don’t have time or space to discuss the various denominations.
Regarding men and women in the church, I believe that God created men and women together as image bearers (Genesis 1:26-27). Men are not superior by nature, women are not inferior by nature. They are equal but not identical. God has laid the burden of leadership on men in the home and in the church. And I think that ultimately the church and the home function best when godly men take roles as humble, Spirit-led, Christ-centered servant leaders and godly women support and encourage them. That’s a short answer to a very complex issue.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Is That in the Bible? – May 14, 2009
- Great Time at Living Waters – May 13, 2009
- iPhone Pictures from Maine – May 12, 2009
- Hello from Maine – May 12, 2009
- Travel Troubles – May 11, 2009
- Maine! – May 11, 2009
- Three Quotes – May 11, 2009
- “I Get to Go See Jesus” – May 9, 2009
- A Mighty Fortress – May 9, 2009
- Joanne Kemp – May 8, 2009