Today’s AFR Interview: “The Church in China”
post date: October 10, 2012what we can learn from the church in China. They asked me why the church has grown so dramatically in spite of decades of crushing persecution. The numbers are indeed staggering:1949: 700,000 Christians
1974: 2,500,000 Christians
2012: 100,000,000 Christians
How could the church grow so rapidly even during the terrible years of the Cultural Revolution when the government attempted to wipe out all religion in China?
In this interview I attempt to answer the question and to lay the foundation for KBM’s China Project. The most important thing I say comes early when I talk about the changing face of world Christianity.
We have posted the interview online with the title The Church in China. It lasts just under 21 minutes.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Temporary Advantages – October 20, 2012
- Am I Wise or Foolish? – October 19, 2012
- The Turtle on the Fence Post – October 18, 2012
- So What? – October 17, 2012
- King for a Day – October 16, 2012
- The View from the Penthouse – October 15, 2012
- Money, Sex and Power – October 14, 2012
- The Man Who Had It All – October 13, 2012
- Eat Dessert First – October 12, 2012
- How to “Join” KBM – October 11, 2012