This and That
post date: January 23, 2010
*Thursday night we had a wonderful “Friendship Gathering” here in Tupelo. Almost 40 people come to the home of Bert and Danna Duncan for a time of fellowship and explanation about Keep Believing Ministries. We presented a home version of the “Friendship Banquet” we had last October in Chicago.
*Here is something that struck afterwards. We knew none of these people when we moved from Oak Park to Tupelo in 2005. But God has raised up all these friends in the last four years.
*Yesterday on the radio, during “Trivia Time” in the second hour, J. J. Jasper and I started singing “Pants on the Ground, Pants on the Ground, Lookin’ like a fool with your pants on the ground.” I think we caught Tim Wildmon totally by surprise. It was my first (and presumably my last) time to sing on the air. If you don’t know what this is all about, just Google “pants on the ground.”
*Colts over the Jets, Saints over the Vikings. Pretty sure about the first one, not sure about the second.
*Here’s a note Leah sent us on Tuesday:
We just got back from listening to the baby’s heartbeat! :) She picked it up right away, didn’t have to search around for it at all. It sounded strong and healthy! :) So fun! Josh can do a good impression of what it sounded like which is good because I’m already forgetting! It definitely makes it a little more “real” - that there’s actually another separate person inside me. Pretty neat!
The midwife gave us a little tiny plastic baby that is about the size of the baby now so that was fun...fits in the palm of your hand. And there was also a little card with some facts about it...the baby’s already sucking its thumb! :)
*Is that beautiful or what?
*And then this nice note from a pastor friend in Romania:
You and your KBM is live on my heart and in my prayers (on my prayer list for 2010,in every morning at 7 AM I have a nice prayer time,and you have a good place in this prayers)
Thank you again for your messages (this fact is a strong encouragement for my ministry)
God bless you,your family and your ministries
with more love in Jesus Christ
your brother from Romania
*That’s beautiful too.
Related blog posts
- Quiet Hints, Chapter 12–"Building the Tower” – February 2, 2010
- Quickie Quiz on Galatians – February 1, 2010
- Christopher Hitchens Gets it Exactly Right – February 1, 2010
- Quiet Hints, Chapter 11–"The Value of a Target” – February 1, 2010
- Quiet Hints, Chapter 10–"Despondency” – January 31, 2010
- The Unaccountable Man – January 30, 2010
- Quiet Hints, Chapter 9–"Clerical Hamlets” – January 30, 2010
- Copyright Good and Bad – January 29, 2010
- Quiet Hints, Chapter 8–"Impatience” – January 29, 2010
- Quiet Hints, Chapter 7–"Cowardice” – January 28, 2010