Then He Helps Us!
post date: June 29, 2013
Then he helps us!
What God demands, he supplies. This truth comes to the heart of the gospel itself. When God demands full payment for sin, he supplies his Son whose death fully pays the debt we owe. But that truth doesn’t apply only to our past experience of forgiveness. It describes how God deals with his children day by day. What we need, he supplies. He gives us the inner strength to do his will, and then he makes a way so that we can do it.
Yes, we must do our part, but we could never do our part unless God did his part first. And “his part” involves giving us both the desire and whatever else we need to fulfill his purpose for us. Let us then set forth every day, with all the energy we have, to do God’s will, knowing that we already have whatever we need to do his will that day. And if we need anything else along the way, he will give it to us.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- “I’ll Meet You at the Gates of Heaven” – July 9, 2013
- No Regrets – July 8, 2013
- Portland to Portland! – July 5, 2013
- Are You Satisfied With God? – July 4, 2013
- Cast Your Burden on the Lord – June 30, 2013
- On the Road to Maine – June 29, 2013
- Death Reigns – June 28, 2013
- Put Marriage in Your Church Constitution – June 27, 2013
- Like a Bowl of Soup – June 24, 2013
- Good News for Everyone! – June 23, 2013