post date: April 8, 2014
When Peter preached to the Jewish leaders in Acts 4:8-12, he quoted Psalm 118:22 to show that Jesus is the rejected stone whom God made to be the cornerstone of salvation. They (the Jewish leaders) rejected him, but God not only accepted him but put him in the position of highest honor.
Peter pressed the point home with this powerful conclusion: “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved» (Acts 4:12). These words are utterly exclusive. There is no other hope, no other way, and no other name than the name of Jesus. If we would be saved, we must come God’s way or we won’t come at all.
Do not be like the builders who rejected God’s Stone of salvation. Do not reject Jesus Christ. Do not stumble over this rejected stone. The very stone the builders rejected has become the head of the corner. May God open your eyes to see Jesus as he really is—the Cornerstone of eternal salvation.
O Lord, you are the only solid foundation in this world of sinking sand. Keep our feet on the Rock and our hearts loving you. Amen.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Man of Sorrows – April 17, 2014
- Check Out These Five Easter Weekend Programs – April 16, 2014
- Mediator – April 16, 2014
- Fountain – April 15, 2014
- The Final Days of Jesus – April 14, 2014
- Our Passover Lamb – April 14, 2014
- Fragrant Offering – April 13, 2014
- Apostle – April 12, 2014
- Friend of Tax Collectors – April 11, 2014
- Cornerstone – April 10, 2014