The Only Man at the Bible Study
post date: January 8, 2020
An hour ago we received this mail from a prison chaplain in Southern California:
Ray,One of our volunteers uses your book at his weekly bible study in Orange County Juvenile Hall. Last October, Marcos was the only person who attended the study and wanted a copy of the book to read in his room.Two days later he was reading the part that explains salvation and understood the gospel clearer than he ever had before. He got down on his knees and trusted Christ to be his Savior. The next day he was transferred to another facility and shared what happened to another youth who also read the book.When Marcos was released a few days later, he started going to church with his mom. He called me last month and when I met with him, he shared his story so I wanted to let you know how God used the book.Thanks,Chaplain Rick
Think about this. If you are that volunteer and only one guy shows up for Bible study, you may feel like it's not worth it. But now Marcos has eternal life because of that man's faithfulness.
We don't know exactly how Anchor ended up at the Juvenile Hall, but we're glad it did. Thank God for the volunteer who shared the book with Marcos, and thank God for this faithful chaplain. We're delighted to be one link in the chain that led to this young man's salvation.
Thank you for your prayers and your gifts that make this ministry possible. Please join me in praying for Marcos that he will continue to grow in Christ.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- New Message: Life: What a Beautiful Choice – January 16, 2020
- Good Words for Today: January 16 – January 16, 2020
- 20 Sermons for Sanctity of Human Life Sunday – January 15, 2020
- Check Out My Latest Book: "Next Man Up" – January 15, 2020
- Good Words for Today: January 15 – January 15, 2020
- Good Words for Today: January 14 – January 14, 2020
- Good Words for Today: January 13 – January 13, 2020
- Good Words for Today: January 12 – January 12, 2020
- Good Words for Today: January 11 – January 11, 2020
- New Message: "Christ and the Seasons of Life" – January 10, 2020