“The Lord Hates Me”
post date: January 26, 2012
That’s why he worked miracles for you in Egypt.
That’s why he parted the Red Sea for you.
That’s why he gave you manna and quail.
That’s why he gave you water in the desert.
That’s why he came to you in the cloud by day and the fire by night.
That’s why he gave you the Ten Commandments, not once but twice.
He must hate you a lot to treat you so well.
How quickly we forget the blessings of the Lord when we face a new challenge. How quickly we would give up all we have gained for the pleasures of living in slavery in Egypt.
So now things aren’t going so well for you. Maybe the news from the doctor wasn’t what you hoped. Perhaps your children are struggling. Maybe your friends have disappointed and your marriage seems stale. No doubt you wish you could make some decisions over again.
When times are hard, it’s easy to think that God hates us. But whatever else we can say, God does not hate his own children. He loves them with an everlasting, unending, infinite love. He proved it at the cross.
Do not be hasty to turn again God when times are hard.
Do not say, “He hates me.”
No one who hates you would treat you so well.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- “My Wife Secretly Prayed for Me” – February 4, 2012
- A Visit to the Taj – February 2, 2012
- India Pastors Conference – January 31, 2012
- Preaching in the Big Tent – January 29, 2012
- The Exploding Sermon – January 28, 2012
- Imperfect – January 28, 2012
- Report from India – January 26, 2012
- Many Will Pray for China on March 26 – January 25, 2012
- A “So That” Prayer for China – January 24, 2012
- So That – January 23, 2012