Tenacious Winsome Courage
post date: December 22, 2008
Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about how Christians should respond to the pressures we face every day. And I keep coming back to the same conclusion. I can summarize it in three words.Tenacious winsome courage.
Tenacious means we don’t give up.
Winsome means we face life with a smile, not a scowl.
Courage means we do what needs to be done.
Tenacious means we keep on keeping on.
Winsome means we don’t lose our temper and say something stupid.
Courage means we take our stand for the truth.
Tenacious means we keep on praying.
Winsome means we are cheerful when others attack us.
Courage means we do hard things without complaining.
Tenacious means we love people anyway.
Winsome means we display grace under pressure.
Courage means we speak up instead of wimping out.
We need all three qualities together to face what life throws at us. So perhaps this is a good Monday morning prayer. “Lord, grant me tenacious winsome courage as I go through this day. When I am tempted to give up, help me to keep going. Grant me a cheerful spirit when things don’t go my way. And give me courage to do whatever needs to be done. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- 31 Questions for the New Year – January 1, 2009
- My Brand-New, Super-Amazing iPhone – December 31, 2008
- 1071 – December 31, 2008
- Russian Predicts USA Breakup – December 30, 2008
- New Year’s Day Sermons – December 29, 2008
- Year-End Giving—3 Days Left – December 29, 2008
- We Joined the Church Today – December 28, 2008
- Hang on to “Yet” – December 27, 2008
- Top Ten Blog Entries for 2008 – December 26, 2008
- Supernatural Blessings in 2009 – December 25, 2008