New Sermon Video – “Do not Grieve the Spirit”
post date: September 8, 2010
“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
I later preached this sermon in Colorado Springs and in Indio, California and in several other places. It seems like one of the most important messages God has given me in the last five years. As you listen, ask the Lord to help you examine your heart as you consider whether or not you’ve been grieving the Holy Spirit by unkind words and by anger that turns into malice.
At the end of the sermon I told the congregation that the thing troubled me most is that I see too much of myself in this text. I would still say that today. May God baptize our lips and cleanse us by his Spirit.
If God touches your heart through this message, please tell someone else about it.
The sermon transcript can be found here.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Day 1 at the Values Voter Summit – September 17, 2010
- Behind the Scenes at a KBM Board Meeting – September 15, 2010
- KBM Joins ECFA – September 14, 2010
- “My God Is Much Bigger Now” – September 13, 2010
- Pray for Pastor Peter – September 11, 2010
- Discovering Real Christians – September 8, 2010
- Job’s Three Friends–and a Fourth – September 8, 2010
- Burning the Quran–A Truly Stupid Idea – September 7, 2010
- August was # 1 – September 6, 2010
- Sunday at a Satellite Campus – September 5, 2010