post date: April 5, 2014
These three truths summarize the effects of propitiation:
1. Because Jesus Christ died, God’s justice is now satisfied.
2. Because Jesus Christ died, God’s wrath has now been turned away. The price for sin has been paid.
3. Because Jesus Christ died, God’s mercy is now freely available to anyone who wants it.
As the famous gospel song says,
Jesus paid it all,
All to him I owe,
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.
God’s heart is open to you because Christ paid the full price and had taken God’s wrath upon himself. In the cross we see the true nature of God. He is full of grace and eager to pardon those who trust in his Son.
Lord Jesus, you have settled our case forever by paying with your own blood the debt we could never pay. Amen.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Fountain – April 15, 2014
- The Final Days of Jesus – April 14, 2014
- Our Passover Lamb – April 14, 2014
- Fragrant Offering – April 13, 2014
- Apostle – April 12, 2014
- Friend of Tax Collectors – April 11, 2014
- Cornerstone – April 10, 2014
- Living Stone – April 9, 2014
- Rejected Stone – April 8, 2014
- Desire of All Nations – April 7, 2014