Prepping for the Pentagon
post date: September 22, 2008Stealth Attack. The book is all about spiritual warfare in an age of terror. I doubt that I would have written it before 9/11. Stealth Attack contains many references to current events, drawing parallels between the tactics of the terrorists and the way Satan attacks believers. Soon after the book came out, the PR department at Moody Publishers sent a copy to the head chaplain at the Pentagon. He read it, liked it, and ordered more copies. All of that happened within a few weeks of the book’s publication. In February of this year, the chaplain contacted Moody to see if I would come to the Pentagon to speak to the weekly prayer breakfast.
And that’s why we’re heading to Washington tomorrow. I’m speaking on Wednesday morning at the Pentagon and then to another group on Thursday morning. And there may be one or two other events as well.
We count it great honor to speak to the men and women who serve our country through their work at the Pentagon. God willing, we plan to record the message and turn it into a podcast next week. Plus we’ll post pictures on the weblog as soon as we can.
I ask you to pray for the Lord’s blessing, for strength, good health, clarity, wisdom, and the filling of the Holy Spirit as we travel to Washington this week.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Are You in the Center of God’s Will? – October 2, 2008
- Check Out the KBM Blogroll – October 1, 2008
- Wake Up, Little Isaac – October 1, 2008
- New Pictures of Dudley and Gary – September 30, 2008
- Speaking Truth to a Friend – September 30, 2008
- Shame Can Be a Good Thing – September 30, 2008
- Holy Land Tour, October 16-26, 2009 – September 29, 2008
- Should Pastors Endorse Candidates from the Pulpit? – September 28, 2008
- Pentagon Reflections by Skip Olson – September 27, 2008
- A Good Verse from Psalm 56 on my 56th Birthday – September 26, 2008