Preaching at Youngnak Presbyterian Church
post date: October 10, 2010
On Sunday morning we worshiped with the English-speaking congregation at Youngnak Presbyterian Church in Jeju City. This growing congregation is one of hundreds of churches planted by the mother church in Seoul. It currently attracts around 1600 worshipers every Sunday, making it the largest church on Jeju Island.Until recently the church did not have a service in English. With the establishment of the Word of Life Bible Institute, they now have a core of group of 130 people every Sunday, drawing worshipers from many parts of the island and from several denominations.
We started at 11 AM and ended promptly at 12 Noon because another group was waiting to use the room. That’s the way it is at Youngnak Presbyterian Church. They have services and classes throughout the morning and into the afternoon. They also serve lunch in their downstairs cafeteria. When we walked through the dining room, it seemed like several hundred people were gathering for the meal, which costs $1 per person.
In my sermon on “Knowing God’s Will” from Proverbs 3:5-6, I shared five key words that unlock the message of that much-loved text of Scripture. I found the congregation warm and attentive to the Word.
We don’t have the whole message on video, just some pieces here and there. Here is a five-minute clip showing my introductory remarks and the question I asked at the start of my message.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Preach Less, Pray More – October 20, 2010
- Monday Morning Miracle – October 19, 2010
- Hundreds Attend Sunday Night Student Event in Dalian – October 18, 2010
- Sermon video: “Did I Make a Mistake?” – October 13, 2010
- Off to Asia! – October 8, 2010
- Satan Has No Second Chance – October 7, 2010
- Miss Eva Goes to Heaven – October 7, 2010
- 18 Hours and Counting – October 7, 2010
- Advice for Aspiring Writers – October 5, 2010
- First Look at the New “Anchor for the Soul” – October 3, 2010