post date: July 16, 2013“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered (Mark 11:22).
Either God is or he isn’t. And if he is, that changes everything. The voice from the burning bush told Moses to tell the people that “I AM” has sent you. And what precisely does that mean? The only further explanation is “I AM that I AM,” which points to God’s eternal self-existence. If you know that “God is” and that he is the great “I am,” you know the most fundamental truth in the universe.
In Psalm 81:10 God gives a wonderful invitation to his children, “Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.” Ask what you need, God says, and I will do it for you. Years ago I heard someone say that Jeremiah 33:3 is “God’s telephone number” because it contains a very clear promise: “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know” (NASB). I was praying with some men and heard someone say, “Lord, teach us to pray big prayers. So much of what we pray is just details.” I found that a helpful and challenging thought. It’s not that the details don’t matter. They do, but sometimes our prayers suffer because our vision is so small. If we truly want to honor God, we will believe what he says and then act on that belief by praying large prayers that require an Almighty God to answer them. Pray big, and then stand back and see what God will do.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- How Big is Your God? – July 25, 2013
- Are You Willing to Wait for God? – July 24, 2013
- Today’s Question: Do You Know Who You Are? – July 23, 2013
- Happy Second Spring! – July 22, 2013
- Off We Go to Word of Life – July 21, 2013
- Our Record-Breaking Day – July 19, 2013
- 100,000 Anchors on the Way! – July 18, 2013
- “Thank You For This Trial” – July 18, 2013
- On Our Way Home – July 13, 2013
- Nine Great Resources on the Life of Joseph – July 12, 2013