post date: September 23, 2008
Just a quick note to say that after a delay in Memphis that caused us to miss our flight in Atlanta, we arrived in Washington, DC about 4 PM. It was awe-inspiring to see the Capitol Building and the Washington Monument as we landed at Ronald Reagan National Airport. At the moment we are in our hotel right across the street from the Pentagon. We’re so close that lots of people who stay here walk to the Pentagon. We can’t drive there because there is no parking unless you have a special pass. And since we are carrying some books with us, we’ll probably take a cab.This afternoon the Pentagon chaplain called to talk over the plans for the morning. We meet him at 6:15 AM at the security checkpoint. Later we go through another checkpoint and then head for the conference room where the prayer breakfast begins at 7 AM. Because it’s open to anyone at the Pentagon, the chaplain said we could expect 100 or more people from the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and from the civilians who work at the Pentagon. The chaplain said he had been praying for us.
After the prayer breakfast, the chaplain will give us a personal tour of the Pentagon.
Stay tuned for further updates tomorrow and Thursday.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Just Posted “Fire Away” Interview – October 3, 2008
- “Fire Away” Radio Interview Friday Morning – October 2, 2008
- Hero – October 2, 2008
- Are You in the Center of God’s Will? – October 2, 2008
- Check Out the KBM Blogroll – October 1, 2008
- Wake Up, Little Isaac – October 1, 2008
- New Pictures of Dudley and Gary – September 30, 2008
- Speaking Truth to a Friend – September 30, 2008
- Shame Can Be a Good Thing – September 30, 2008
- Holy Land Tour, October 16-26, 2009 – September 29, 2008