One of the Greatest “Garbage Picks” Ever
post date: August 9, 2011
I am 35 years old and currently serving a 9-month sentence at Centralia Correctional Center. I’ve been on a long journey of self destruction since 1993. It’s been a journey filled with anger, discouragement, frustration, disappointment and many other feelings Satan used to keep me from God.
While I was at Will County Adult Detention Facility awaiting sentencing for my latest and last criminal offense, I started reading the Bible again. Well, after I was sentenced I was transferred to Statesville Prison. That is where I found your book An Anchor for the Soul lying on the flour in a pile of garbage.I believe that at that moment God was speaking to me and telling me to get that book. I didn’t know what type of book it was, all I knew was that it was something to read and at Statesville in 24-hour lockdown you have nothing to do but read.
So I had someone slip the book under my cell door and I started reading it. Choosing to read your book was one of the most important decision I made in my life since being arrested in February of this year. It helped me to learn forgiveness. Forgiveness for myself and forgiveness to others. It did show me who I was, and that is a sinner - but a sinner who God loved and He showed his love for me through his grace of salvation through Christ Jesus.
He brought your book to me because he was looking for me and he decided it was the right time to reveal to me his purpose for me. Your book reached me in a very important and profound way and that is one of the reasons I am writing you this letter to thank you.
May God continue to bless you and your family!
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Is Tim Tebow a Blasphemer? – August 16, 2011
- Anchor in Uganda – August 15, 2011
- The First Brown Leaf – August 14, 2011
- Why Did the Lord Threaten to Kill Moses? – August 12, 2011
- “The Incredible Journey of Faith” Now Available in Spanish – August 6, 2011
- “Credo” Now Available in Spanish – August 5, 2011
- Keep Up Your Calling – August 4, 2011
- Harry and Millie’s Incredible Journey – August 1, 2011
- iPad Preacher, Part 2 – July 30, 2011
- John Stott Dies at 90 – July 30, 2011