What Do We Do Now?
post date: May 24, 2012
Tenacious, winsome courage.Tenacious means we hang on to the truth that Jesus is Lord.
Winsome means we face life with a smile, not a scowl.
Courage means we do what needs to be done.
Tenacious means we keep believing when it would be easier to give up.
Winsome means we don’t lose our temper and say something stupid.
Courage means we speak up for Christ as God gives us the opportunity.
Tenacious means we speak the truth when others urge us to keep quiet.
Winsome means we dare to care for those on “the other side.”
Courage means we refuse to be intimidated by false accusations.
Tenacious means we keep on praying.
Winsome means we remain cheerful when others attack us.
Courage means we do hard things without complaining.
Tenacious means we keep on loving when we are misunderstood.
Winsome means we display grace under pressure.
Courage means we speak up instead of wimping out.
More than ever, we need Christians who stand strong for the truth day after day, with a smile, not a frown, even when it’s not popular. So perhaps this is a good prayer for times like these:
“Lord, grant me tenacious winsome courage as I go through this day. When I am tempted to give up, help me to keep going. Grant me a cheerful spirit when things don’t go my way. And give me courage to do whatever needs to be done. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Uncle Russ – June 3, 2012
- Two Sermon Libraries Added This Week – June 2, 2012
- “I HAVE LET CHRIST INTO MY HEART” – May 27, 2012
- Sinner, Listen to This – May 20, 2012
- Four Benefits of Bible Listening – May 19, 2012
- Lost and Found – May 18, 2012
- 100,000 Anchors Arrived at the Book Depot – May 17, 2012
- “Stealth Attack” Now Available in Korean – May 15, 2012
- Sermon List Tops 10,000 – May 13, 2012
- Wanted: Hearty Congregational Singing – May 9, 2012