On the Road to Oregon
post date: June 17, 2012Cannon Beach Conference Center. If I counted right, this is my tenth time since 2006 to speak at a Cannon Beach event. I was first invited to speak there as part of Moody Week. Since then I’ve been back at least once every year.This time we’re bringing some reinforcements with us in the form of three other couples from Tupelo who are coming for the week. One of the couples came with us last year, but the other two will get their first taste of Cannon Beach.
Every Bible conference has its own unique flavor. Several weeks ago I spoke at Camp Forest Springs, deep in the woods of northern Wisconsin. Cannon Beach is right on the Pacific Ocean. If things go as usual, we’ll have a sand sculpture contest (which I will help judge) on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.
When you return to a Bible conference year after year, you build friendships with folks you would never otherwise meet. Because of Cannon Beach, we now have friends across the Pacific Northwest.
We’re flying from Tupelo to Memphis to Los Angeles to Portland where Lisa Beedy will meet us and drive us to Cannon Beach. It’s a long day but we’re glad to do it, and we’re looking forward to all that God has in store for us this week.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- A Truly Rockin’ Prayer – June 26, 2012
- What About Christmas? – June 19, 2012
- The Great Blondin and True Saving Faith – June 15, 2012
- How to Answer Satan’s Accusations – June 14, 2012
- Anchor at the NATO Summit – June 14, 2012
- Anchor/China Project Updates – June 11, 2012
- Praying With Peter Wang – June 10, 2012
- Seeing God More Often Than Not – June 4, 2012
- Uncle Russ – June 3, 2012
- Two Sermon Libraries Added This Week – June 2, 2012