post date: June 26, 2010Cannon Beach Conference Center. Marlene and I are flying from Denver to Salt City Lake where she will meet our daughter-in-law Vanessa who is flying in from Dallas. Vanessa and Marlene will fly to Montana for Marlene’s family reunion that starts tonight in Rudyard, on the “High Line” in northern Montana, not far from the Canadian border. I’m flying to Portland where someone from the conference center will pick me up for the 2 1/2 hour drive to the coast. I first spoke at Cannon Beach for Moody Week in 2006. Since then I’ve been back every year. There are many reasons to keep coming back, among them being the fantastic beauty of the Oregon coast, another being the privilege of meeting so many Christians from the Pacific Northwest. And of course Cannon Beach is 25-30 degrees cooler than Tupelo, a not insignificant factor in late June. Beyond all that, we enjoy the hospitality of the staff at Cannon Beach who have adopted us into their family.
Contemporary Christian musician Clay Crosse will provide special music during each service.
The town is a true beach resort, with the conference center tucked in on the north end. The one main street is filled with touristy shops selling salt water taffy, fudge, and all sorts of souvenirs, and then there are some neat little bookstores, some very nice art galleries, and lots of restaurants, most of them with outdoor seating. Plus the beach stretches for the entire length of the town. All in all, an ideal place to spend a vacation.
I’ll be speaking 12 times plus leading a Q&A session. I hope you’ll pray for us this week as I’m in Oregon and Marlene and Vanessa are in Montana.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- New KBM Refrigerator Magnet – July 3, 2010
- Clay Crosse – July 3, 2010
- How Do You Do This? – July 2, 2010
- Three Questions for the Second Half of 2010 – July 1, 2010
- Sand Sculpture Pictures – June 30, 2010
- Panorama Pictures From Cannon Beach – June 29, 2010
- Monday at Cannon Beach – June 28, 2010
- What F. B. Meyer Taught Me About Prayer – June 25, 2010
- Prayers That Changed My Life – June 24, 2010
- So You Want to Start Your Own Ministry, Part 3 – June 23, 2010