On Our Way Home
post date: July 13, 2013
In the last two weeks we have traveled over 5500 miles. We have flown from Dallas to Philadelphia to Bangor and from Portland to Atlanta to Portland and now from Portland to Seattle to Dallas. So far every flight has gone well and we’ve not lost a bag yet.
Along the way we’ve enjoyed ministering at Living Waters Bible Conference in Maine and Cannon Beach Conference Center in Oregon. I’ve preached 24 times in all so my throat feels a bit scratchy but otherwise I feel fine. Marlene told me I looked tired, which I guess I am, but it’s a good tired, and I’m glad we were able to make these two trips.
I’ve enjoyed preaching from the life of Joseph both weeks. You can’t study his story without coming to a deeper appreciation of God’s providence in the tiniest details of life. I think it has been good for my soul to get a new view of God through the lens of a man who lived almost 4000 years ago.
We’re grateful to our friends who have prayed for us, and to the folks in Maine and Oregon who encouraged us both weeks. It’s been a good trip.
And soon we’ll be home, which certainly puts a smile on my face.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Happy Second Spring! – July 22, 2013
- Off We Go to Word of Life – July 21, 2013
- Our Record-Breaking Day – July 19, 2013
- 100,000 Anchors on the Way! – July 18, 2013
- “Thank You For This Trial” – July 18, 2013
- Pray Big – July 16, 2013
- Nine Great Resources on the Life of Joseph – July 12, 2013
- “I’ll Meet You at the Gates of Heaven” – July 9, 2013
- No Regrets – July 8, 2013
- Portland to Portland! – July 5, 2013