Next Stop: Whiting, New Jersey
post date: May 22, 2009America’s Keswick, a beautiful and historic Bible conference center that is celebrating 85 years of ministry in 2009. NewSong Fellowship Church in Lancaster, Pennsylvania where I met Pastor Jamie Mitchell who knew about me from our days in Oak Park and through the website. While in Lancaster we struck up a friendship with Jamie and his wife Kris. When I spoke at Lancaster Bible College a few month later, Jamie introduced me to Bill Welte, president of America’s Keswick. From that came an invitation for both of us (Jamie and me) to share the speaking duties at the conference this weekend.
This is our first time to America’s Keswick, but because we have spent so much time in the Northeast, I expect we’ll run into some folks we’ve met before. And we’re looking forward to making many new friends. I am glad to have a chance to hear Jamie preach because he’s a powerful Bible expositor. Plus it’s a happy thing not to be carrying the full speaking load myself.
So we’re on our way north from Tupelo to spend the weekend in New Jersey. We wish all of you a very happy and safe Memorial Day weekend. And may God bless all the men and women serving in the U.S. Armed Forces around the world.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Feed Yourself and Come to Church – May 31, 2009
- Disciples and Christians – May 31, 2009
- Saturday Sundries – May 30, 2009
- Scott Hamilton – May 28, 2009
- Pure in Heaven? – May 27, 2009
- Radio This Week – May 26, 2009
- God Loves a Challenge – May 24, 2009
- Give Tongues of Fire and Hearts of Love – May 24, 2009
- When to Stop Praying – May 22, 2009
- Straight Talk About Homosexuality and the Church – May 21, 2009