“My Wife Secretly Prayed for Me”
post date: February 4, 2012
“Our home was a temple, filled with gods and goddesses.”
But his wife secretly prayed for him. Emphasis on the word “secretly.” She evidently didn’t make a big deal about it, and she didn’t interfere with his idol-worship. She simply and faithfully prayed for him to come to Christ.
The turning point came about eight years ago when the man had a bad dream. That’s all he said. It was a bad dream. When he woke up, he told his wife to throw away all his idols. He had forty in his house. “No one told me to throw them away. I just decided to do it.”
He wife kept on praying.
Sometime after that he came to Christ. He gave the exact date when I heard him talk. When Christ entered in, the rest of his old life had to go. It was not easy becoming a Christian. His friends and family didn’t like it. But his wife, who had faithfully prayed for him, knew that God had answered her prayers.
Today that man is a pastor in India. When he shares his testimony, he gives God the glory, but he makes it clear what instrument the Lord used.
Let this story be an encouragement to every wife with an unsaved husband. Keep on praying. Don’t give up. Don’t make a big deal of it. You don’t even have to tell your husband you are praying for him. No need to embarrass him or make him angry.
It’s hard for a Hindu to come to Christ, but as this pastor testified, the road was made easier by a wife who secretly prayed for him.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- The Next Step – February 13, 2012
- Will You Be One of the 1000? – February 10, 2012
- Sunday at All Saints – February 5, 2012
- A Visit to the Taj – February 2, 2012
- India Pastors Conference – January 31, 2012
- Preaching in the Big Tent – January 29, 2012
- The Exploding Sermon – January 28, 2012
- Imperfect – January 28, 2012
- Report from India – January 26, 2012
- “The Lord Hates Me” – January 26, 2012