Meeting Jesus in Prison
post date: August 8, 2019We received a letter from an inmate in a TN prison who read “An Anchor for the Soul” when the prison was on lockdown.This is part of what she wrote:
I just want to let you know how much your book impacted me. I've been locked up for 10 months, and this incarceration has been the very best time of my life!! I am getting to know God and Jesus on an intimate level.But it was your book that caused the breakthrough I needed to trust Jesus wholly, completely, and fully!!
Jesus is building his church behind bars. There are no walls high enough to keep out the Holy Spirit. It's hard to go to prison, but it can be a good thing if you meet Jesus there.Thank you for your love, your prayers, and your support, because your gifts enable us to keep donating Anchors to prison ministries across America.Click here for more information on how you can help support the Anchor Book Ministry.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Good Words for Today: August 18 – August 18, 2019
- Good Words for Today: August 17 – August 17, 2019
- New Podcast: "Answers to Tough Questions About the Faith" – August 16, 2019
- Good Words for Today: August 16 – August 16, 2019
- Good Words for Today: August 15 – August 15, 2019
- Good Words for Today: August 14 – August 14, 2019
- New Podcast: "Angry Times" – August 13, 2019
- Good Words for Today: August 13 – August 13, 2019
- Good Words for Today: August 12 – August 12, 2019
- Good Words for Today: August 11 – August 11, 2019