Mark Driscoll Explains the Mainline
post date: October 7, 2006Mark Driscoll explains why the mainline denominations are in such a mess. He then offers these ten steps to destroying a denomination:
1) Have a low view of Scripture and, consequently, the deity of Jesus.
2) Deny that we were made male and female by God, equal but with distinct roles in the home and church.
3) Ordain liberal women in the name of tolerance and diversity.
4) Have those liberal women help to ordain gay men in the name of greater tolerance and diversity.
5) Accept the worship of other religions and their gods in the name of still greater tolerance and diversity.
6) Become so tolerant that you, in effect, become intolerant of people who love Jesus and read their Bible without scoffing and snickering.
7) End up with only a handful of people who are all the same kind of intolerant liberals in the name of tolerance and diversity.
8) Watch the Holy Spirit depart from your churches and take people who love Jesus with Him.
9) Fail to repent but become more committed than ever to your sinful agenda.
10) See Jesus pull rank, judge you, and send some of your pastors to hell to be tormented by Him forever because He will no longer tolerate your diversity.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Married Couples Now a Minority – October 16, 2006
- Another Perspective on the Perfect Church – October 16, 2006
- In Search of the Early Church – October 15, 2006
- Swimming Upstream – October 15, 2006
- My Perfect Church Is . . . A Singing Church – October 14, 2006
- Executed – October 13, 2006
- Urgent Prayer Request – October 12, 2006
- Sermons at Sierra Bible Church – October 11, 2006
- Is Limbo in Limbo? – October 10, 2006
- Monday in Reno – October 9, 2006