post date: May 11, 2009
Pastors need places where they can go for encouragement and recharging, where they can laugh together, relax a bit, and be reinvigorated.
Most pastors I know serve the Lord’s people because of a deep sense of divine calling. But as Howard Hendricks pointed out, if you’re going to serve the Lord’s sheep, you’re bound to get sheep dung on your boots sooner or later.
There’s much more to be said–including how God uses our challenges to build us spiritually and how to be strong over the long haul and still keep smiling while you scrape that stuff off your boots.
Time to board for Detroit. Then I fly to Bangor. Then a 2 1/2 drive through some of the most beautiful country in America. Then Living Waters and the conference opening tonight.
Blessings anticipated. Prayers appreciated.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Straight Talk About Homosexuality and the Church – May 21, 2009
- Here I Am to Worship – May 21, 2009
- Tell Your Monsters – May 20, 2009
- October 1–Hold That Date – May 20, 2009
- Bible Bus Update–May – May 20, 2009
- Chinese Treasures 5.0 – May 18, 2009
- Unless You Pray – May 18, 2009
- Have You Prayed for Your Pastor Today? – May 17, 2009
- Saturday Afternoon Retreat – May 16, 2009
- No, Mr. President – May 16, 2009