post date: December 27, 2007We received a letter from a prisoner in California named Rocky. After reading An Anchor for the Soul, he wrote a poem called "Life’s Grace” and sent it to us.
This poem captures a sense of what it is like to try to live for the Lord in prison. There may be no darker spot on earth than the inside of a prison cell. That’s why seven years ago we started giving away copies of An Anchor for the Soul through a partnership with Prison Fellowship and Good News Jail and Prison Ministries. Since then over 350,000 copies have gone to jails and prisons across America, and we have received over 10,000 letters from prisoners like Rocky. Last June we opened the Anchor Book Depot in Chicago with an initial stock of 50,000 copies of the book. Since then we have given away over 8000 copies, mostly to prison ministries, but also to military ministry, to crisis pregnancy centers, and to other front-line ministries for the Lord.Thank you for praying for us and making this ministry possible through your generous gifts.
And thank you for caring for prisoners like Rocky whose lives have been changed through the Good News of God’s love.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Bolivia Soon – January 5, 2008
- Bolivia Next – January 4, 2008
- The Next Great Awakening – January 4, 2008
- “Islam and the Bible” Radio Interview Friday Morning – January 3, 2008
- Bike Riding Update – January 2, 2008
- The Best Time to Plant a Tree – January 1, 2008
- Safer Than a Known Way – December 31, 2007
- Christmas in Nanchang – December 29, 2007
- Dallas Seminary Offers Online Classes for Students in China – December 29, 2007
- 2007—Looking Back on a Year in Blogging – December 28, 2007