Jonah’s Preaching Wins the Sand Sculpture Contest
post date: July 19, 2011
Twp different groups depicted Jonah being vomited out of the mouth of the great fish. Since we couldn’t decide between them, Brandon and I declared them co-winners of the Grandmaster prize. In this particular version, you can see a young girl covered with seaweed as she comes out of the mouth of the great fish. When we came around for judging, she cried out, “Forty more days and Nineveh will be destroyed!” which is exactly what Jonah preached (Jonah 3:4). The people in the background with their hands raised represent the city of Nineveh turning to God.
It was very creative, and a good visual depiction of the greatest revival in history. All the contestants received awards at dinner tonight as we celebrated the great week we’re having at Cannon Beach.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Great Days at Word of Life – July 28, 2011
- Cannon Beach Q & A, Part 1 – July 25, 2011
- Elijah Raymond Pritchard – July 22, 2011
- iPad Preacher – July 15, 2011
- China: Open Doors, Many Adversaries – July 13, 2011
- The Way You Live is the Way You Die – July 13, 2011
- My New Bike Arrived Yesterday – July 8, 2011
- Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy – July 2, 2011
- Latest KBM Newsletter Now Online – July 1, 2011
- “Healing Power of Forgiveness” Now in Spanish – June 29, 2011