post date: April 2, 2015
I'm going to Tweet through the final events of Jesus' life starting on Thursday afternoon and going through Easter Sunday using the hashtag #JesusFinalHours You can follow the stream at https://twitter.com/raypritchard.We'll follow the events in the Upper Room and Gethsemane, the betrayal and arrest, Peter's denial, the six trials of Jesus, his suffering before the cross, the crucifixion, the seven last words of Christ, his death, the preparation for burial, the sealing of the tomb, the events of "Silent Saturday," and the shock of the women as they discover an empty tomb on Sunday morning. We'll follow the narrative all the way through Jesus' appearance to his disciples on Sunday evening.
While it is impossible to be certain about the exact timing of some events, I have assigned times to give a sense of the general flow of events. I'm suing as my chief resource "The Final Days of Jesus" by Kostenberger and Taylor: http://goo.gl/fo11BqI'm doing this as an experiment because Twitter is a particularly well suited to creating a timeline like this. I would end up having two many status updates if I tried to do it on Facebook. I hope you'll join me over the next four days as we venture through #JesusFinalHours in real time.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Good Words for Today: April 12 – April 12, 2015
- Good Words for Today: April 11 – April 11, 2015
- Good Words for Today: April 10 – April 10, 2015
- Good Words for Today: April 9 – April 9, 2015
- Good Words for Today: April 8 – April 8, 2015
- Good Words for Today: April 7 – April 7, 2015
- Atlanta or Miami--How Do I Decide? – April 6, 2015
- Good Words for Today: April 6 – April 6, 2015
- In the Garden: Not the Gardener – April 5, 2015
- Good News for Today: April 5 – April 5, 2015