He’s on His Way
post date: December 5, 2010an ad campaign by some British Christians to get the message of Christmas out to millions of people.
It’s creative, and to some people at least, controversial because it pictures Jesus in Mary’s womb. Some people think this is a subtle pro-life message, which of course it is. But that’s not the main point of the ad. The real message is in the tag line.
The same group has produced some very clever radio ads designed to get people thinking about Christmas in a new way.
Check out a related website called Paperless Christmas, which features a series of short video clips called “The Adventure of Mary and Joseph: The Road Movie,” also very well done.
I heartily applaud all these attempts to recapture the Christmas story from the realm of myth and legend and replant it in the firm soil of historical truth. The print ad in particular helps people understand that the Son of God came into the world the same way all babies arrive.
Kudos to the good folks on the other side of the pond who put this ad campaign together.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Bingo! – December 14, 2010
- Radio This Week – December 13, 2010
- God and Human Suffering – December 13, 2010
- Christmas IQ Quiz – December 9, 2010
- Killing of Women and Children – December 4, 2010
- We Need You to “Like” Our New Facebook Page – December 1, 2010
- Steve Tanner’s 25 Days of Christmas Music – December 1, 2010
- New sermon video - “On the Victory Side” – November 30, 2010
- The Bulldog and the Skunk – November 29, 2010
- Work-in-Progress – November 26, 2010