post date: May 8, 2014
Dear Praying Friends,
This is a big week for our family.
On Saturday Josh and Mark graduate from Dallas Theological Seminary.
Our own journey started in 1974 when we got married on a Thursday evening in Phoenix, Arizona, and Ray started his first semester at DTS the following Tuesday.
Now Josh and Mark graduate from the same seminary. Very soon both boys and their families will be far from here. On Tuesday Mark and Vanessa and Eli and Penny leave for Sebastopol, California where Mark will become Pastor of Growth Groups at Hessel Church. Later this summer Josh and Leah and Knox and Violet will be moving to Asia.
Suffice it to say that ten years ago, neither son had any thought of going to seminary. But God used a variety of circumstances to lead Josh and Mark to seek further training in the Bible and theology. Now the day of graduation (a true “commencement”) is upon us.
We’re especially grateful to everyone who prayed for them during their seminary years. Your prayers helped bring them to this moment. We hope you’ll continue to pray for them as they move on in their service for Christ.
That’s the big news from our corner of the world. Thank you for being part of the Keep Believing Prayer Team. You share in our joy this weekend as our sons finish their work at Dallas Seminary.
God bless you always!
Ray and Marlene
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Radio Today – May 14, 2014
- What’s Wrong with the American Church? – May 10, 2014
- Saved at the Last Second – May 9, 2014
- One Thing God Will Never Do – May 7, 2014
- “Do It Afraid!” – May 6, 2014
- Five “Generations” Display God’s Faithfulness – May 5, 2014
- When Christ is in the Boat – May 4, 2014
- YMCA Trainer Comes to Christ – May 3, 2014
- Preach So the Children Can Understand – May 3, 2014
- China Puzzle – May 2, 2014