Good Words for Today: January 17
How should we pray for others? Seven words come to mind. We should pray
- Aggressively because nothing is impossible with God (Luke 1:37).
- Fervently because the prayers of the righteous are powerful and effective (James 5:16).
- Unitedly because our faith grows stronger as we pray together (1 Thessalonians 5:11).
- Confidently knowing that we have a High Priest who invites us to come to the throne of grace where we can find grace and mercy in the time of need (Hebrews 4:16).
- Repeatedly because God invites us to ask, ask, and keep on asking (Matthew 7:7-8).
- Gratefully because we have already received “grace upon grace,” far more than we deserve (John 1:16).
- Submissively because God’s understanding of the total situation is much greater than ours (Matthew 6:10).
January 17, 2023