Good Words for Today: June 9
post date: June 9, 2018When you stand at the gate of heaven and God says, "Why should I let you in?" what answer will give?"I was a member of Wesley Methodist Church." Not good enough.
"I was an elder at Wayside Chapel." You'll be in big trouble.
"My father built our church." That's good, but it's not the right answer.
"I lived a good life." Wrong answer.
"I gave to feed the hungry in Namibia." That's truly wonderful, but that won't open the doors of heaven.
"Pastor Ray baptized me." Not even close.If you want to go to heaven, you must trust in Jesus Christ and him alone. You must go "all in" on the Son of God who loved you and died for you. You must believe in him so much that if he can't take you to heaven, you aren't going to go there.Don't be proud or cocky or arrogant. If you make it to heaven, it will only because of God's kindness toward you. And between now and then, run to the cross every day. Lay hold of Christ and never let go. May God help us all to "wholly trust in Jesus' name."
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Good Words for Today: June 19 – June 19, 2018
- Good Words for Today: June 18 – June 18, 2018
- Good Words for Today: June 17 – June 17, 2018
- Good Words for Today: June 16 – June 16, 2018
- Good Words for Today: June 15 – June 15, 2018
- Good Words for Today: June 14 – June 14, 2018
- Tuesday Night Chat: What I Want for Father's Day – June 13, 2018
- Video: "How to Survive Your Critics" – June 12, 2018
- Good Words for Today: June 12 – June 12, 2018
- Good Words for Today: June 11 – June 11, 2018