Give Tongues of Fire and Hearts of Love
post date: May 24, 2009
I have highlighted the second verse because it so deeply expresses the need and desire of my own heart as I prepare to preach later today.
O Spirit of the living God,
in all the fullness of thy grace,
where’er the foot of man hath trod,
descend on our apostate race.
Give tongues of fire and hearts of love,
to preach the reconciling word;
give power and unction from above,
whene’er the joyful sound is heard.
confusion, order in thy path;
souls without strength inspire with might,
bid mercy triumph over wrath.Baptize the nations; far and nigh
the triumph of the cross record;
the Name of Jesus glorify,
till every kindred call him Lord.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Should We Be Glad George Tiller is Dead? – June 1, 2009
- New Radio Program 1-2 PM Today – June 1, 2009
- Radio This Week – June 1, 2009
- Feed Yourself and Come to Church – May 31, 2009
- Disciples and Christians – May 31, 2009
- Saturday Sundries – May 30, 2009
- Scott Hamilton – May 28, 2009
- Pure in Heaven? – May 27, 2009
- Radio This Week – May 26, 2009
- God Loves a Challenge – May 24, 2009