Dallas Seminary Offers Online Classes for Students in China
post date: December 29, 2007The Dallas Morning News says that students in China can now take online courses from Dallas Theological Seminary. The article begins by describing a course on Bible Study Methods taught by seminary president Dr. Mark Bailey. It ends with a frank statement about the reality of teaching the Bible with the approval of the Chinese government.
Dr. Bailey said he’s aware that the winds could change in China, and that approval for the online program could be withdrawn. But he said that he and other DTS officials decided that even a few years of teaching there would be worthwhile."All the government officials have told us, ’Don’t water this down,’ " Dr. Bailey said.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Bolivian Buckeye – January 8, 2008
- Bolivia! – January 7, 2008
- Bolivia Almost – January 6, 2008
- Bolivia Soon – January 5, 2008
- Bolivia Next – January 4, 2008
- The Next Great Awakening – January 4, 2008
- “Islam and the Bible” Radio Interview Friday Morning – January 3, 2008
- Bike Riding Update – January 2, 2008
- The Best Time to Plant a Tree – January 1, 2008
- Safer Than a Known Way – December 31, 2007