Burning the Quran–A Truly Stupid Idea
post date: September 7, 2010publicly burn the Quran this Saturday, September 11, the ninth anniversary of the terrorist attacks that killed 3000 people. You want my opinion?
Okay, here it is this. This pastor is a fool, and the idea of burning the Quran is offensive on every possible level. It needlessly stirs up emotions, puts the lives of American service personnel at risk, and sends precisely the wrong message to the world.
I’m all for preaching the gospel of Christ. But this has nothing to do with that.
I’m all for teaching the truth and exposing falsehood. But this has nothing to do with that.
I’m all for sharing Christ with a hurting world. But this has nothing to do with that.
This is nothing but an ugly, embarrassing publicity stunt by a pastor no one has ever heard of in a tiny church in Florida.
I object to it as a Christian, as a pastor, and as an American. Nothing good can come from it, except perhaps the universal denunciation by decent people of all religious backgrounds.
The whole idea sickens me. It may be legal but it’s still stupid and offensive. This pastor needs to go away and crawl under a rock somewhere.
I hope I’ve made myself clear.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Day 1 at the Values Voter Summit – September 17, 2010
- Behind the Scenes at a KBM Board Meeting – September 15, 2010
- KBM Joins ECFA – September 14, 2010
- “My God Is Much Bigger Now” – September 13, 2010
- Pray for Pastor Peter – September 11, 2010
- Discovering Real Christians – September 8, 2010
- Job’s Three Friends–and a Fourth – September 8, 2010
- New Sermon Video – “Do not Grieve the Spirit” – September 8, 2010
- August was # 1 – September 6, 2010
- Sunday at a Satellite Campus – September 5, 2010