post date: January 8, 2008
After the first service of the Field Conference, I met Bill and we talked (schemed, really) about how we could watch the game on TV. Of course, we are at a resort at the edge of the jungle in Bolivia. It’s a beautiful place but they have one TV in the lobby that carries five or six channels, all in Spanish. But they aren’t carrying the Ohio State-LSU game. And there is no wireless Internet here. The resort office has Internet but that’s it.
So sometime around 10 PM Bill got permission to use the Internet. He couldn’t get the audio feed but he managed to find a website with a Game Tracker on it. When I left him about 10:40 PM, the game was five minutes old and Ohio State was leading 10-0. That’s when I left to go to bed. This morning when we saw him, Bill was not wearing his Buckeye shirt and cap. LSU came back to win 38-24. He was sad but not dejected. "We’ve got a great freshman class coming in," he said. Spoken like a true football fan. There’s always next year.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Columbus Next, Then Indio – January 17, 2008
- Grab It and Do It – January 16, 2008
- Any Shanghai Hotel Recommendations? – January 16, 2008
- Have a Blast While You Last – January 16, 2008
- I Am a Sinner Too – January 15, 2008
- Tom and Janine Throssel – January 14, 2008
- “They’re Tearing Down the Church” – January 14, 2008
- Miami Again – January 14, 2008
- Carnaval Dress Rehearsal – January 13, 2008
- Two From Havre – January 12, 2008