B.C. Gets It Exactly Right
post date: June 25, 2011
I ran across one writer who said something like this: “If Jesus hasn’t come in 2000 years, that means he’s never coming. He would have come by now. How can you still have faith after 2000 years?”
That’s precisely the argument of 2 Peter 3.
The scoffers say that all things continue as they have since the beginning of creation.
Nothing will ever change.
But note Peter’s point. Scoffers scoff because they are following their evil desires. They hope Jesus isn’t coming because his coming will be bad news if he really does come.
Meanwhile the comic strip gets it exactly right.
A man may be a crackpot who cries out, “It’s the end of the world!”
But just because he’s a crackpot doesn’t mean he’s wrong.
One day all the people who say “Jesus is coming!"will be happily surprised.
The people who laugh at them, not so much.
Keep preaching, faithful Christian.
Your day is coming.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy – July 2, 2011
- Latest KBM Newsletter Now Online – July 1, 2011
- “Healing Power of Forgiveness” Now in Spanish – June 29, 2011
- Chicago, Here We Come – June 24, 2011
- A Dad Who Did It Right – June 17, 2011
- Praying Through the Alphabet – June 16, 2011
- Eight Marks of Stiff-Necked People – June 15, 2011
- Don’t Do That! – June 13, 2011
- Why We Use the Internet – June 8, 2011
- Where Do You Stand With the Lord? – June 7, 2011