Are You Ready?
post date: January 11, 2009
Looking back at my own journey, I haven’t changed my convictions about the Second Coming since I first formed them almost 40 years ago. What has changed is my emphasis. I’m looking for the coming of the Lord. Everything else is just details. Sometimes I remind myself that “he’s coming when he’s coming and he’ll be here when he gets here.” And he’s not going to call me ahead of time and say, “I’m planning on coming back next Tuesday. Will that fit into your prophetic framework?” It just occurred to me that if I did get a call like that from Jesus, I would simply say, “Come back as soon as you can. We’ve been waiting a long time."
While cleaning out my desk two days ago I came across a pin that I thought I had lost. My friend Gary Olson often greeted people by saying, “Jesus is coming. Are you ready?” That pin reminded me of Gary, and thinking of him reminded me that there is nothing more important than being ready for the coming of the Lord.
So let me put it to you very directly. Jesus is coming. Are you ready?
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Father Abraham Had Many Sons – January 21, 2009
- Lots of Energy at the BI – January 20, 2009
- New York, Here We Come – January 19, 2009
- Would You Join Our Prayer Team? – January 18, 2009
- We Shall Not Weary, We Shall Not Rest – January 18, 2009
- Why Interfaith Services Don’t Work – January 17, 2009
- A “Yes” in Disguise – January 16, 2009
- Get on the Bible Bus – January 15, 2009
- Pentagon Prayer Breakfast – January 14, 2009
- The Big “If” – January 14, 2009