Anchor in Afghanistan
post date: February 23, 2011An Anchor for the Soul from our Book Depot in Chicago. From the beginning of this ministry in 2001, we have always put a priority on donating copies for the men and women serving in the United States Armed Forces. Thousands of copies have ended up in Iraq and Afghanistan.How do those books get there? Here’s one answer we received from a military wife who received a box of Anchors from our ministry:
My husband has been in Afghanistan for past year working on a military base. I have mailed these books to him in small batches that he has given away to chaplains to pass on to others. My husband comes home March 3rd. God bless your ministry.
So the word of the Lord spreads one book at a time, one person at a time. We feel blessed to be a small link in the big chain of God’s purposes. May God bless this wife and her husband and the chaplains who pass along the books.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Report from Rochester – March 5, 2011
- KBM Releases First Ebook – March 5, 2011
- When You Don’t Know What to Preach – March 4, 2011
- On the Road to Rochester – March 3, 2011
- Two Terrific Bible Apps – March 2, 2011
- If We Say – February 25, 2011
- “Where Do You Get Your Support?” – February 24, 2011
- Difficult Conversations – February 19, 2011
- Book Review: “Unbroken” – February 18, 2011
- Can We Shorten Our Life? – February 16, 2011