Anchor at a Strip Club
post date: November 27, 2011
A few months ago we donated copies of Anchor to a crisis pregnancy center. They primarily use the books to share the gospel with the women who come for help. But in this case they have gone a step further:
We gave 25 copies to a ministry we are connected with. These women go to a strip club once a month to show love for the young women who work there. They were all gifted with your book!
We were so thankful to be able to share these books – so they are now being read by the women who work at the strip club! Pray that they see Christ.
Only God could put that chain together. From the Anchor Book Depot to a crisis pregnancy center to another ministry to the women who work at a strip club.
We’re glad to be one link in the big chain of God’s purposes.
As I’ve mentioned before, we started the year with 100,000 copies of Anchor. Now we’re down to 7000 copies. As God provides the money (around $55,000), we plan to reprint another 100,000 copies as soon as we can.
Would you join me in praying for the young women who work in the strip club? Pray that God would use the Anchor books given in love to open their hearts so that they might “run to the cross” and be saved.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- J. C. Ryle’s “Matthew” Now Available in Audio Format – December 7, 2011
- Marlene’s Oreo Tuxedos – December 5, 2011
- Dr. Everett Van Reken With the Lord – December 2, 2011
- Steve Tanner’s 25 Days of Christmas Music – December 1, 2011
- Homer Simpson’s Thanksgiving Wisdom – November 23, 2011
- Why I Teach at the BI – November 18, 2011
- Five Reasons to Preach the Whole Book of Daniel – November 18, 2011
- Anchor in Nigeria – November 10, 2011
- 25 Sermons for Thanksgiving – November 5, 2011
- The Future of the Chinese Church – November 4, 2011