A Christmas Benediction
post date: December 24, 2007Here’s a wonderful Christmas benediction that John Armstrong shared a year ago. He heard it in church and then mentioned it on his weblog.
May you be filled with the wonder of Mary, the obedience of Joseph, the joy of the angels, the eagerness of the shepherds, the determination of the magi, and the peace of the Christ child. Almighty God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit bless you now and forever. Amen.
Yesterday I received this note from Arizona:
I want to let you know I used the Christmas benediction you posted on your blog this morning in the main service. I was amazed by how many people came up to me after the service and told me how much they appreciated it. It fitted perfectly with the message of the senior pastor.
Thanks for your gift to the rest of us who preside at worship services. It’s a nice Christmas gift to me. Your generosity in sharing that great benediction with others is appreciated.
The power of the Internet is amazing. From the pastor John heard to his blog to my blog to the ministry leader in Arizona who who used it yesterday and evidently God used it to touch many hearts. I love being part of a chain reaction like that.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Bike Riding Update – January 2, 2008
- The Best Time to Plant a Tree – January 1, 2008
- Safer Than a Known Way – December 31, 2007
- Christmas in Nanchang – December 29, 2007
- Dallas Seminary Offers Online Classes for Students in China – December 29, 2007
- 2007—Looking Back on a Year in Blogging – December 28, 2007
- Life’s Grace – December 27, 2007
- Father and Sons—My Christmas Gift – December 26, 2007
- Fifteen Sermons for New Year’s Day – December 26, 2007
- Immanuel and Islamabad – December 24, 2007