27 and Done
post date: July 29, 2011
14 times at Word of Life.
This morning my voice was pretty scratchy during the last two messages. I felt fine (more or less) but my voice was a bit worn out.
I don’t mind all the preaching, in fact I enjoy it, but I confess that I’m glad I’m not preaching anywhere tomorrow morning. For a while it felt like every time I turned around, I was starting another sermon.
Spurgeon said the way to get used to preaching a lot was to preach a lot. He’s right about that.
Tonight we’re in a hotel in Albany, New York. Tomorrow we’re flying from Albany to Detroit to Memphis to Tupelo.
It will be good to be home, if only for a few hours. We’ve had a wonderful time at both conference centers, and we’re grateful for the many friends whose prayers helped us along the way.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- “The Incredible Journey of Faith” Now Available in Spanish – August 6, 2011
- “Credo” Now Available in Spanish – August 5, 2011
- Keep Up Your Calling – August 4, 2011
- Harry and Millie’s Incredible Journey – August 1, 2011
- iPad Preacher, Part 2 – July 30, 2011
- John Stott Dies at 90 – July 30, 2011
- Great Days at Word of Life – July 28, 2011
- Cannon Beach Q & A, Part 1 – July 25, 2011
- Elijah Raymond Pritchard – July 22, 2011
- Jonah’s Preaching Wins the Sand Sculpture Contest – July 19, 2011