25 Affirmations About God’s Will
post date: June 5, 2009
1. God’s will is more like a sunrise than a sunburst.
2. It is also like a blueprint that unrolls a bit at a time.
3. God often speaks through the advice of wise Christian friends.
4. Dreams and visions can happen today, but don’t feel bad if you don’t have one.
5. God’s will never contradicts God’s Word.
6. When you are under pressure, slow down and wait on the Lord.
7. God gives us enough light to take the next step.
8. God normally doesn’t show us the future in advance.
9. God’s will is more about who you are than where you are.
10. If you want to know God’s will, get to know God better.
11. Pray for guidance, but don’t tell God how to answer your prayers.
12. Beware of putting out a fleece. It can be misleading.
13. You don’t have to have 100% certainty before making a decision.
14. You don’t need to understand everything in advance.
15. Just because you don’t know where you are doesn’t mean you’re really lost.
16. It’s not a sin to be confused.
17. If you want to discover God’s will tomorrow, make sure you do God’s will today.
18. When you need to know, you’ll know.
19. If you want to know God’s will, read the Book he wrote.
20. Don’t make deals with God. He’s not the bargaining kind.
21. Tell God you are willing to do his will.
22. If you aren’t willing, tell him you’re willing to be made willing.
23. Remember that he’s God and you’re not.
24. Write you plans in pencil, but give God the eraser.
25. You won’t be home until you finally get to heaven.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Jamie Mitchell’s Prayer at the Pennsylvania House – June 15, 2009
- Keep Hope Alive – June 14, 2009
- The God of My Future Problems – June 13, 2009
- If Archimedes Came to America – June 12, 2009
- Dr. J. R. Faulkner Now With the Lord – June 11, 2009
- More Self-Evident Truths – June 11, 2009
- Self-Evident Truths – June 10, 2009
- Lesson From a Cave – June 9, 2009
- Plan B Living – June 8, 2009
- Gone Cruising – June 7, 2009