post date: December 31, 2011
As a general rule those who drive cars and trucks don’t like bikers. I don’t think most drivers would admit to that, but I believe it’s true nonetheless. Since bikers are at best an annoyance to most drivers, I operate by the following set of rules:
1. They don’t see you.
2. Even if they do see you, they don’t see you.
3. If they really do see you, they don’t like you.
Keeping that in mind has kept me alive for over 28,000 miles. Meanwhile I’m glad to have safely finished another year of biking. It’s my one form of regular exercise, and I keep it up because it’s good for the body and the soul.
Tomorrow we zero out the odometer and start all over again.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Daily Bible Listening – January 6, 2012
- Take Up Your Cross – January 4, 2012
- A Year-End Appeal from Keep Believing Ministries – December 28, 2011
- 44 New Year’s Day Sermons – December 26, 2011
- Is This Really Christmas Eve? – December 24, 2011
- Christmas With Knox and Eli – December 23, 2011
- Baked Oatmeal – December 23, 2011
- December 1941 – December 21, 2011
- What Christopher Hitchens Got Right – December 20, 2011
- 14 Minutes for China – December 17, 2011