Good Words for Today: January 5
January 5, 2017
“Take your share of suffering as a good soldier of Jesus Christ” (2 Timothy 2:3).
Sometimes I talk with believers who complain about the difficulty of being a Christian in a secular environment. And sometimes they relate stories of how they suffer ridicule and humiliation because of their faith. Certainly I do not doubt the truth of what they say. But at some point we have to say to each other:
Stop playing the victim card.
Stop talking about how hard you have it.
Working in a high-rise office building isn’t like working at a church camp. So be it. We have to face the fact that not everyone shares our faith, and then we have to go on from there. You can live for Christ on the job, in your office, in your classroom, or in your neighborhood. There is always a way to compromise for those who want to compromise. And there is always a way to obey God for those who want to obey God.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Good Words for Today: January 6 – January 6, 2017
- Good Words for Today: January 4 – January 4, 2017
- Good Words for Today: January 3 – January 3, 2017
- Good Words for Today: January 2 – January 2, 2017
- Good Words for Today: January 1 – January 1, 2017
- Good Words for Today: December 31 – December 31, 2016
- My Books of the Year – December 31, 2016
- Good Words for Today: December 30 – December 30, 2016
- Ten Years On One Card – December 29, 2016
- Good Words for Today: December 29 – December 29, 2016