Six Pro-Life Books We Recommend
January 17, 2013
In these days leading up to Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, the eyes of the nation are focused once again on the abortion debate. We all need to be well-informed on this issue. We especially need good books that strengthen our resolve to stand on the side of life with tenacious, winsome courage.
Among the many good books from a pro-life perspective, here are a few we particularly recommend:
Cradle My Heart: Finding God’s Love After Abortion by Kim Ketola. Here is a book offering hope and healing for women who have had an abortion.
Why Pro-Life? Caring for the Unborn and Their Mothers by Randy Alcorn. The updated edition was released in November 2012. Alcorn makes the case for life and then calls us to compassionate action.
Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments by Randy Alcorn. Excellent answers by one of our best evangelical writers.
Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue by R. C. Sproul. In this very fine book Sproul brings his knowledge of history and theology to the abortion debate.
The Case for Life: Equipping Christians to Engage the Culture by Scott Klusendorf. This is really a field training manual for Christians who want to make a difference in our culture. Scott Klusendorf tells you where and how to begin.
Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader’s Eye-Opening Journey Across the Life Line by Abby Johnson. The subtitle tells the whole story. Abby went from working for Planned Parenthood to being a Pro-Life advocate.
There are many other excellent books on the abortion controversy. These will get you started in the right direction.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- The Death of Death – January 27, 2013
- Seven Books We Talked About This Week – January 25, 2013
- God Never Wastes a Broken Heart – January 24, 2013
- Wanted: More Royal Babies – January 22, 2013
- Don’t Be a Sermon Stealer! – January 14, 2013
- Daniel Speaks Today – January 11, 2013
- Where China Comes to KBM – January 5, 2013
- Safer Than a Known Way – January 2, 2013
- A Little More, A Little Less – January 1, 2013
- My Favorite Bible Reading Method – December 31, 2012