Andy and Alice McQuitty on “Life Today”
August 15, 2010
Last year I wrote several times about my friend Andy McQuitty, pastor of Irving (TX) Bible Church, who was diagnosed in the summer of 2009 with Stage 4 colon cancer. Marlene and I have known Andy and his wife Alice since 1983 when we served together at Northeast Bible Church in Garland, Texas. They are dear friends to us.
On Monday and Tuesday, August 16-17, Andy and Alice will be featured on the program Life Today with James Robison to talk about their journey through colon cancer treatment over the last 14 months. It’s nothing short of miraculous that Andy is still alive. Recently he sent out an email saying that the latest PET scan showed no signs of cancer anywhere in his body. On these two broadcasts Andy and Alice talk candidly about the highs and lows of their journey together and what God has taught them. If you have had cancer or know someone who has (and that includes virtually all of us), I highly recommend these programs to you.
Very early on I wrote a sermon called Theology at Midnight based on some things Andy had written.
I can’t give you the exact broadcast times because “Life Today” is carried on several different Christian networks including Daystar, Trinity Broadcast, The Church Channel and the Inspirational Network. Check this station guide to find out when you can watch the programs featuring Andy and Alice McQuitty. You can also watch it online at the Life Today website.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- The Gospel Song Video (Plus John Piper) – August 25, 2010
- Point Number Eight For Young Preachers – August 25, 2010
- How can I know that I am truly a Christian? – August 24, 2010
- FAQs video – “Am I Truly a Christian?” – August 24, 2010
- “John Mark” by J. D. Jones – August 21, 2010
- New sermon video – “Are We All Hindus Now?” – August 20, 2010
- “The Incomplete Biography” by J. D. Jones – August 20, 2010
- “The Man With the Measuring Line” by J. D. Jones – August 19, 2010
- Speaking in Tongues – August 18, 2010
- “The Divine Judgment” by J. D. Jones – August 18, 2010