Feel Free to Use Our Material
July 16, 2009
I received a note from a friend in a distant state saying that he wanted to use some material from one of the sermons he found on the Keep Believing website. He wondered if he had permission to use our material, and if so, what he should say to the congregation. Since that question comes up from time to time, let me state our policy:
1. All the material on the Keep Believing website is provided free of charge for anyone who wants to use it.
2. You don’t need to write and ask permission. You’ve already got our permission.
3. If you find anything you like and you think you can use it, go ahead and incorporate it in your lessons, Bible studies and sermons.
4. Feel free to amend it, improve it, revise it, reword it, add to it, clarify it, and correct it as necessary.
5. You don’t need to mention my name. You can if you want to. Use my name if it will help you somehow. But it doesn’t matter to me one way or the other.
6. If you mention anything, mention the Keep Believing website. That way more people will find out about us.
7. We assume that no one will literally preach one of the sermons word-for-word. You can try that if you want, but we don’t think it will work very well. Take the material and make it your own.
8. We want to help the body of Christ worldwide. We especially want to help pastors in other countries, missionaries around the world, Christian workers who need good biblical resources, and young people who want to serve the Lord.
9. I truly don’t worry about whether a pastor in Finland says, “As Ray Pritchard says . . .” I just want to do what I can to help him in his ministry.
10. We’re all in this together for the sake of the Kingdom. We’ve got to help each other out any way we can.
Through this website we support God’s work around the world. Since March 2008 that we’ve had almost 500,000 visits from 214 countries and over 2 million pageviews.
So feel free to use what you find on our website. We’re not worried about who gets the credit as long as God’s cause goes forward around the world. And we don’t charge because we believe enough people will share our vision to help us keep going and to expand this ministry even more in the days to come.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Nimbleness – July 26, 2009
- Jerusalem–Three Months from Today – July 23, 2009
- Halfway – July 22, 2009
- The Snackery – July 20, 2009
- Heading North – July 18, 2009
- The One Question You Should Ask – July 14, 2009
- Pictures from Florida – July 13, 2009
- Two New Resources – July 12, 2009
- Eulogy for a Truly Good Man – July 11, 2009
- You’re Invited to the Banquet – July 10, 2009